<$BlogRSDURL$>
Freak Power
Tuesday, May 11, 2004
  Supertoys when winter comes.

Few events appeal to the romantic in me more than the holiday season. With little effort I can set my imagination free to fancy sumptuous dinners shared with old and new friends, guilt-free shopping excursions, and quiet moments reflecting on the reason for the season. Of course I'm only dreaming.

...I look at my young Aspie friends and my palms sweat at the thought of what they will face over the coming weeks, unless of course, I come up with a way for us to enjoy and celebrate the season. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

Mitigate Sensory Overload:

* Asking restaurant personnel to seat their family in a remote corner.
* Keeping a sensory overload emergency kit with them at all times (possible contents - sunglasses, ear plugs, squeeze ball, aromatherapy lotion and anything that might help avert sensory overload).

Other Holiday Hints:

* Keep your child's needs in mind - they may need to be protected from the busiest part of the holidays.
* Be creative! Use every means at your disposal, every scheme you have ever found successful, and every trick you can invent to help both your family and your child celebrate the season.

The above are choice excerpts that apperar on this page
This blog is authored (or "compiled" may be more accurate) by a person using the pseudonym Raoul Asperger. The reason(s) for this should become apparent during the reading of the material at left. E-mail: raoulasperger@hotmail.com

ARCHIVES
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 /


Powered by Blogger